Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Memory Box




My memory box was a representation of a memory that I have of my sister when she was younger. It was the first time that she had completely gotten into a body of water, and she accidentally slipped off of a rock that marked a severe drop off in the pond we were swimming in. I, of course, felt completely responsible because I knew of the rock and of its significance but I failed to inform my sister. Ever since then, I have felt extremely protective over my sister, as if to make up for my lack of attention during the previous situation. My box, therefore, is a representation of my protectiveness for my sister that I have today. The larger box symbolizes me, as there is a smaller box (my sister) inside that cannot go beyond the larger box's limit. The smaller box can move freely within the larger box and can be exposed to those viewing it. However, at a moment's notice the two open sides of the cube can be closed to completely protect the smaller box. This was my favorite project so far.

No comments: