Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wayfinding













For our first project in studio this year, we were assigned to take note of landmarks, nodes, edges, and districts along our journey to our destination. My destination for this assignment was the Beth David Synagogue off of Friendly Avenue. Along the way I sketched certain objects and areas that, to me, help identify the path that I am on. At the end of my journey, I realized how many objects you subconsciously see on a daily basis but fail to realize how big of a part they play in your navigation. I really enjoyed this assignment; I will definitely pay more attention to an area's layout now!

1 comment:

Edgar Cabrera said...

hannah, by your series of sketches i was able to identify what path you took! good job!!! i am very interested in knowing what you learn from these observations.